How To Become An Extraordinary Female Leader
Ready for some not-so-average leadership tips for women? Nowadays, it seems like almost any chick or dude can become President…kindasorta. Almost anyone can become a bestselling author-ish. Almost anyone can start and run a successful business…#forreal.
But there are only a few truly Extraordinary Female Leaders out there–so what do we average folk need to do to up our standards (and add a little extra to our ordinary)?
Needs, patterns, rhythms, bubbles, rumbles, & alien perspectives.
Extraordinary Leaders see things. Not like ghosts or anything…but they do see & understand things in our world that others cannot.
When an extraordinary leaders decides to do something…it ain’t based off some headline they read in the feed or paper that day. It’s a conscious decision to LEAD their team in an extraordinarily specific way…
Because of this Ability, they are able to continuously push the envelope–always doing what others aren’t willing to do on their own (or discover on their own).
Here Are 24 Ways To Become An Extraordinary Female Leader
Extraordinary Female Leaders…
- DON’T DELEGATE BEYOND their capabilities. They could pick up the ball, project, or mountain at any point in time–and RUN with it. There is no such thing as I’m too swamped in their world. That means leaving time & energy open to pitch in on The Hustle AND they actually keep an eye on (ALL OF) the work the team’s doing.
- BRING MORE KINDNESS and forgiveness to the world. Nobody’s perfect, and very few people are willing to actually treat people like they believe that. Extraordinary leaders don’t promote good causes just to look good. They believe in helping people out, that begins by accepting most people are, well, a bit screwy.
- ARE A FEW STEPS ahead of the team. Not only do they understand what the team’s been up to…they’ve already got the next few (or more) moves figured out BEFORE the team stalls, freaks out, or loses hope over misdirection. This keeps everyone (the project included) moving forward & on that same page.
Extraordinary Female Leaders are mentally sound and and prepared.Click To Tweet
- ARE MENTALLY SOUND and prepared. Like Navy SEALS–they stay that way throughout the battle, the war, the sucker-punch or stubbed-toe epidemic. Whatever wrenches get tossed their way, they’re ready and willing to deal with it–right away. No fuss, no ordeal, no drama. They take swift, decisive action to keep their world and work extraordinary.
- DON’T PLACE cray-cray demands on others. Extraordinary Leaders aren’t idiots. And all that mental soundness they’ve worked so hard for–well it pays off for the team too. They don’t expect more from their team than they’re able to realistically produce themselves.
- ALLOW OTHERS to rise up to challenge or opportunity. These leaders don’t demand more from their teams–they give them the chance to rise to the occasion. Let them create, work, and succeed their way. Isn’t that like, The Dream Job? And it’s more likely to produce better than simply ordering someone around.
Extraordinary Female Leaders allow others to rise up to challenge or opportunity.Click To Tweet
- THEY NEVER STOP wanting to work–wanting to take IT to the limit. They do things like set their alarm forward a few minutes each morning or pull seven all-nighters a week. All because they crave the grind, the accomplishment, the sweat and production. And they look, act, and become really-really weird when there’s no work to be done. More work is the most exciting thing an extraordinary leader can earn.
- BRING IN MORE PEOPLE as the workload grows. They would never let their core team get burned out. And it’s unthinkable for them to imagine your team can magically handle twice the workload in the blink of an eye. Extraordinary Leaders have found a way to actually achieve that, though–it’s called Hiring More Great People.
- DON’T HOLD BACK the team from progress. If the crew begins to really riff on something–they don’t waltz in and steal the show…these leaders allow the team to have their own boom-worthy ideas. Most importantly, they let their team run with their own ideas. They understand the work isn’t ALL about them…it’s about creating quality stuff.
- Let your team GET THEIR WORK done first. They will not allow the team to be held back because of something they were unable to complete on time. Extraordinary Leaders understand the importance of, well, leading by example. And they do this first and foremost by hustling their extraordinary little asses off.
- ARE MASTERS of communication. Regular leaders are kinda-okay at explaining their grand picture, their desire, their plans for universal reign. Extraordinary Leaders are also Poets of the First Order–they know what to say AND how to say it so that every member of the team understands.
- CONTINUOUSLY SEARCH for ways to take the company (and the team) to next level. For some people, this boils down to fun systems like SCRUM. For others, it turns into a regular getaway for the team to get together, get their minds right, and have a super relaxing mastermind together.
Extraordinary Female Leaders THINK HUGE and dream bigger.Click To Tweet
- THINK HUGE and dream bigger. Extraordinary Leaders are always looking to make the greatest amount possible–the greatest return, profit, impact–whatever. They aren’t playing any small-time games while on the path to exceptional success.
- WORK HARD ON their own body, mind, & spirit–and they encourage their team to do so as well. Not everyone is cut for a six-pack & sexy-calves, but all of us can get better. We can eat better & have more energy. We can drink less caffeine & have more wits. Extraordinary Leaders take great care of ensuring YOU improve alongside themselves. That’s called DOING EXTRA.
- GIVE THE TEAM a way to buy-in. Extraordinary Leaders understand that they can’t do it alone…they absolutely need their team. After all, they play a pretty CRUCIAL role in turning the ordinary into way-way more. These leaders want the team to have a personal attachment to the success of the company, work becomes more than just a job–they’re working (and earning) more than an ol’ ordinary employee would…and for good reason!
- ATTRACT GOOD PEOPLE with their magnetic personality. They woo investors, bring in interesting employees, and (hands-down most importantly), they’re able to SELL. If they have no ability to relate to the masses, the people they depend on for success–then they have probably hired some other extraordinary person to help.
- ARE LEADERS EVERYWHERE. How you show up in the world one place is how you show up everywhere, and Extraordinary Leaders get that. When they work out at the gym, when they go to church, when they walk down the sidewalk–they don’t suddenly stop leading. No, they engage, interact, and push those around them–whoever it might be–to kick more ass.
- BRING CONSISTENT personality and behavior to their dealings. You know what to expect from an Extraordinary Leader because they have a certain way of doing things–hosting meetings, selling, directing a platform, developing a campaign–and it will be of a similar vein. They know what works for them and what will not.
- DON’T GOSSIP or badmouth anyone–even their competitors. They certainly get fired up about important causes, but name-calling and naysaying has never helped anyone. If Extraordinary Leaders disagree with something, you’ll know it by their actions and not their words…(they’re saving all the good ones for their Team Poetry anyway).
- CAN TURN ANY situation around. From negative to positive, from shit to success, from nothing to something. They are able to analyze a situation and discover what’s missing…why is that? They always look for ways to improve, which usually translates to: How can I make this better?
- ARE REALISTS. They promote a nice and logical balance between the dreamworld of creative & the reality of achievable success. Somewhere in between those poles, extraordinary leaders realize what they can actually produce from their team, project, relationship, or other endeavor.
- MASTERMIND WITH other Extraordinary People. They aren’t surrounding themselves with other leaders per say, but they are finding fruitful, provocative people to interact with. They want to see and hear and talk about how different the world COULD be…not how today’s ordinary really sucks.
- SHOW EMPATHY…openly. Extraordinary Leaders aren’t a total drag to be around. They’re positive, engaging people–and they understand what it feels like to deal with some Tough Stuff. Which is one of the reasons we always hear about the Underdog or Rags-to-Riches stories…just like ordinary people, they too have been forced to deal with life’s trials and troubles. Death. Anxiety. Fear. Money. By showing empathy, they rally the troops around themselves and do what they do best–LEAD.
- PUSH THEIR BOUNDARIES all the time. Steve Jobs took LSD (although not recommended, the guy definitely did not care). Elon Musk sets ridiculously insane targets. Jeff Bezos never backs from a fight…and almost never loses. Extraordinary Leaders MUST push boundaries…otherwise the world would look…pretty stinking ordinary.